DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which GIC Group Pte Ltd and its subsidiaries, collectively and individually referred to as “GICG”, (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control.
- TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA
As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who:
- has contacted us through any means to find out more about any services we provide, or
- may, or has, entered a contract with us for the supply of any services provided by us, or
- delegates attending GICG Academy courses, or
- subcontractors (tutors, auditors, technical experts and/ or report reviewers) to be engaged/ engaged by GICG, and
- stakeholders/ interested parties for any further business dealings; and
“Personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include, but not limited to the following:
- Full name, job title, phone number, email address, residential address, office address, identification number, passport number;
- CV, academic and training certificates, history of auditing and/or training experiences, professional registration;
- Financial and transactional data such as credit card details for payment of service/ course; and
- Any information that has voluntarily shared with GICG such as feedback and opinions of GICG services.
- COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATAWe generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).Possible use of personal data by GICG may include but not limited to the following:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you;
- preparing quotations or proposals regarding our services offered by GICG;
- preparing affiliated third-party service providers and subcontractor agreement for the engagement of testing, audit, training, report review, technical advice services;
- meeting compliance and regulatory obligations and as required by accreditation bodies, training partners, and/ or local authorities.
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending of marketing information about our services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;We may disclose your personal data:
where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you; or
to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 2 above for us.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
- WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENTThe consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing via email to GICG enquiry mailbox at email@example.com.Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be able to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
- ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATAIf you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing via email to GICG enquiry mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Access to personal information: you have the right to request what personal data GICG hold about you subject to GICG’s rights to identity verification.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or needs to be updated. You may also have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, however this may not be always possible if it is due to legal requirements and other obligations to keep such data. If GICG is asked to delete your data, GICG may keep some minimal information about you to be able to demonstrate that GICG has fulfilled its obligations.We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATATo safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying ,modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus and endpoint protection, encryption to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis and upon signing GICG’s Non-disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATAGICG retains personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the original purposes for which it has been collected, and to comply with applicable accreditation, legal and regulatory obligations, a longer retention period may be required or permitted.
- ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATAWe generally rely on personal data provided by you. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us in writing via email to GICG enquiry mailbox at email@example.com.
- EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICEThis Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 1 May 2018
Last updated : 1 January 2022
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please write to us:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.